IKR stands for I know, right?
IKR indicates agreement with what someone is saying.
How Is IKR Used? Use Cases & Examples
IKR can show that you strongly agree or that you agree with someone’s suspicions. It can also convey a sense of relief because other people share how you feel about something. It is mainly used for informal communication, especially online or through text messages.
Examples of how your teen might use the slang term IKR:
- Jane looks better with shorter hair.
IKR, and the new color suits her well, too.
- There’s no chance I’m going to be ready for tomorrow’s quiz.
IKR, Ms. Stevens is too demanding.
- He’s such a snob.
- People shouldn’t be saying “right” after “I know.”
How to Identify If Your Kids Are Using the IKR Slang Word
The slang IKR is harmless, but you may be concerned that your teens are using other risky terms. Be wary of your kids’ imminent danger when dangerous terms appear in their online conversations. Here are two ways to detect the IKR slang word:
1. Check Their Phones Directly for the IKR Slang Word
As a parent, one of the most important ways to keep your teens safe is constant communication. Teach children the importance of checking their phones and regularly check their phone activities. You can check their SMS, search history and chat messages for the slang IKR.
- Affect your relationship with your kids
- Can’t detect dangers timely
- No need to install any app
2. Install A Parental Control App to Monitor the IKR Slang Word
Install a full-featured parental control app on your teens’ phones to detect slang words like IKR. It allows you to take control over the mobile devices of your kids. You can monitor their text messages, search history, and chat messages for risky slang terms. Try to set up an alert for IKR and you’ll get instant notifications. So, you can keep your family safe without breaking a sweat.
- More features like chat monitoring, GPS tracking, call recording, surrounding recording, etc
- Instant alerts
- Easy to install and use
- Some apps are not free
Parental Control Apps to Detect the IKR Slang Word
- Google Family link:
It is a family parental control service from Google that helps you check search history for the IKR slang word, restrict content, set screen time, and more.
iKeyMonitor is one of the most powerful parental control apps. It monitors SMS, chat messages, and searched terms on kids’ phones. It will take screenshots/photos and send instant alerts to you on triggered alert words such as IKR. Besides, it will record calls, surroundings and block inappropriate apps to protect your kids from threats.
- Apple Screen Time:
With Apple’s built-in parental control setting, you can manage app limits, set content restrictions, and more. Just unlock the iPhone or iPad, then go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Norton Family Parental Control:
Norton Family provides insights that help you foster a healthy online/offline balance for your children and their devices.
- Kaspersky Safe Kids with GPS:
Kaspersky Safe Kids is a popular parental control app that provides web monitoring, app blocking, filtering, and more.
- Alertbird Parental Control:
Alertbird is a parental control app for iOS that monitors the IKR slang term and other dangerous words. You will be notified immediately if it detects alert keywords in your searched terms and chat messages, such as the IKR slang word.
Tips to Talk With Your Kids About the Use of the IKR Slang Word
The slang initials IKR are wholehearted affirmations that kids love to use in digital communications. This slang expression is harmless and offers you the opportunity to bond with your teens in a pleasant way. Here are some ideas for talking with your teens:
- I saw you commented IKR on your aunt’s post about the Blackpink concert. Are you surprised that you and your aunt love the same band?
- Sam’s post about Will Smith hitting Chris Rock got a lot of IKR. What do you think about that?
- Is there someone’s post that you always agree with?
- Which celebrity’s post is your favorite? Why?