How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 2023
Looking for a way to recover deleted Instagram messages? If you have deleted your messages by mistake, Instagram message recovery will be a problem. You want them back but don’t know what to do. Don’t worry; you have come to the right place. Read on to learn how to recover deleted Instagram messages.
Three Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
Table of Contents
Here are three ways to retrieve Instagram messages for free. Just follow one of the following methods to get your Instagram messages back.
Using iKeyMonitor to Back Up All Your Instagram Messages
A parental control app, like iKeyMonitor, will help you remotely monitor every action on Instagram without being detected. After installation, iKeyMonitor will automatically monitor Instagram activities and upload the recorded logs to the cloud panel. Follow the steps to back up your Instagram messages:
- Sign up for free on iKeyMonitor.com.
- Install iKeyMonitor on the target phone.
- Log in to the Cloud Panel.
- Now you can send some messages on Instagram and start backing them up to the cloud panel.
- Automatic backup
- View and search Instagram chats for free
Requesting Instagram Data to Recover Instagram Direct Messages
Instagram allows you to download all the shared data of Instagram directly to your phone’s storage. Follow the steps below to use this built-in service to recover deleted Instagram direct messages:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click on your avatar. Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Data Download.
- Click on Request Download.
- Choose the Information Format, then click on Next.
- Enter your Instagram password and click on Request Download.
- Wait for up to 48 hours for an email with your data in it.
- Open your email and click on Your Instagram Information.
- Click on Download Information.
- Extract the contents of the zip file.
- Open it with a text editor, and you can recover the deleted Instagram messages you want.
- Instagram built-in service, directly downloads your Instagram data
- It may take up to 48 hours to collect your data
Asking the Message Recipient to Resend Deleted Instagram Messages
When you delete direct messages on Instagram, you only delete the chat messages in your own Instagram app, and the messages still remain on the recipient’s Instagram app. Follow these steps to seek help from the recipient:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- Search for the person who sent or received the message.
- Tap on Message.
- Write a message asking for a copy of your messages.
- Tap on Send and wait for a response.
- You can retrieve deleted DMs only if the recipients haven’t deleted the message from their accounts
The above are three effective methods to recover deleted Instagram messages. As you can see, seeking help from the recipient is the easiest method. However, you cannot be 100% sure that the recipient did not delete the messages. So, you can install iKeyMonitor on your phone in advance to avoid message loss. With iKeyMonitor, you can recover deleted Instagram messages and do the same for WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. In addition, chat monitoring and keystroke tracking are some other features that come with this tool. What are you waiting for? Get iKeyMonitor now!
Tags: recover deleted instagram chats, recover deleted instagram direct messages, recover deleted instagram messages, retrieve instagram messages for free
Category: Learning & How to