YouTube Has a Pedophile Problem That Parents Need to Know About 2023
The pedophile problem in YouTube is increasing. YouTube has become a meeting place for pedophiles. More than 400 hours of content are uploaded per minute, a large part of which comes from people who create their own channels and post homemade videos. Pedophiles are using these children’s channels for evil activities. This is information that parents need to know about this disturbing phenomenon.
What Is a Pedophile Problem?
The problem arises when pedophiles and predators land on a kid’s harmless gymnastics video, for instance, things get dark. Actually, in the comments, they post timestamps which indicate a point in the video where you can pause to see a potentially suggestive image. Few other predators use these timestamps to skip straight to the shot. By using timestamps, pedophiles are using videos as a canvas to create sexually suggestive photo stills. Here are a few more information regarding the pedophile problem:
- There are individuals who have also been known to leave sexually suggestive comments on the videos. They communicate with each other to discuss other ways to access and share children porn, and hence they create a community resource for pedophiles.
- The algorithms used by companies like YouTube gather content similar to what you’ve already viewed and suggest you on the home page. This helps keep you on the site for longer, and in turn, and hence you view more ads.
- If you watch a lot of videos about sports or some other particular topic then you’ll see new sports channels or channels related to your interest.
Why the Pedophile Problem Is Dangerous For Children?
The biggest challenge with the Pedophile problem is that children are highly prone to it. For the companies with the amount of user-generated content they receive each day, it is impossible to review it all. Although technology helps determine what content should be reviewed by humans, and what’s not that’s not always a success. That’s why it’s critical that parents stay engaged in their children’s digital lives and keeping checking whether the children is prone to something wrong. Here are reasons due to which pedophile is harmful to children.
- Consider a private YouTube channel for your children if your children wants to have a channel. Once your children creates videos, those videos are out in the world forever so make sure that keep a track of the videos as they can be exploited.
- People can screenshot and save them for personal use as well. In this way, they can manipulate them inappropriately. It’s really alarming that harmless videos about makeup can be turned into exploitative content.
- The risks of having a public channel may outweigh the benefits but that is appropriate for the children and in this way, you are able to lower the risks for your children.
How Can You Deal With The Pedophile Problem In YouTube?
YouTube has some parental controls in place to help keep kids safer on its platform. Parents should go through everything you need to help protect them. One thing you can do immediately removes the commenting ability from their videos and that would surely provide safety to your kids. If you choose to leave comments enabled, then you need to be vigilant about monitoring them. As soon as you see abusive/inappropriate language or timestamps, block the offending user right away and report them to YouTube. Here are a few more things that parents can do to safeguard the children from pedophile problem:
- Firstly, you should not allow children to have a YouTube account if they’re under 13. YouTube’s Terms of Service indicates that it’s not for kids younger than 13.
- YouTube Kids is a better option for younger children. But we know that it’s hard to keep teens away from some online activities, especially while at a different house or with friends.
- You can talk to children about what’s happening right now and express how important it is for them to stay safe online.
- Lock down your children’s YouTube accounts and report inappropriate activities.
- Always make use of monitoring app to keep track of all the comments that come on the channel and report anything inappropriate comment.
How iKeyMonitor Helps In Dealing With the Pedophile Problem?
You can make use of reliable monitoring app like iKeyMonitor and monitor the videos that your children posts on YouTube. It enables you to read all the comments made to those videos, and new videos posted to your children’s subscriptions. You can also monitor YouTube views and searches on connected Android devices. Thus, having such an app pre-installed on the kid’s device is really. Apart from that it also enables you to report the comment as well as block any subscriber whom you find inappropriate for your children. Here are some functions of iKeyMonitor that helps you in protecting your children:
- It enables you to access the device of the children remotely, and you can check all the social media accounts of your children.
- You are able to check out all the comments in YouTube and read it privately without your children knowing about it on the Cloud Panel.
- When you find any mischievous comment or any other similar indications on the comment section then without delay you should report the same to YouTube.
Thus, the pedophile problem is an alarming situation for all parents. It is essential that you are aware of all such situations and take appropriate action against it. Using a monitoring app like iKeyMonitor is just like a friend in need so have a track of the comments and protect your children from such problems.