How to Set up Screen Time Parental Control for Kids?
How to set up screen time parental control for your kids? What’s the best screen time limit app? With the popularity of smartphones, children spend more and more time on the screen, even affecting their normal lives. To keep your children away from the phone screen, you can use a screen time parental control app such as iKeyMonitor to limit their screen time.
Table of Contents
Why Do You Need to Set up Screen Time Parental Control?
Although digital devices can provide children with entertainment time and educational content, unlimited screen time can be harmful. Here are some negative effects of too much screen time:
Primary school-age children who use smart devices for more than 2 hours a day are more prone to emotional, social, and attention problems. And they may imitate the violent behavior in the film and videos they have seen on the screen.
According to a survey, children who spend too much time on the phone screen have poor academic performance. Because the mobile phone will affect the children’s attention, resulting in a decline in intelligence.
Many children use their phones to check messages before going to bed, but the screen time is counterproductive. The light from the screen interferes with the brain’s sleep cycle and may cause insomnia.
How to Set up Screen Time for Your Kids on iOS?
- Get your child’s device in your hand.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap Turn On Screen Time.
- Tap Continue.
- Select This is My Child’s [device].
- Set up Downtime, App Limits, and Content & Privacy with all of the limitations that you want for your child, or tap Not Now.
- Tap Use Screen Time Passcode, then enter a passcode when prompted. Re-enter the passcode to confirm.
- Now you can go to Settings > Screen Time and tap See All Activity under the graph. Learn more about How to Set up Parental Controls with Apple’s Screen Time.
It’s important that you upgrade your child’s device to Apple’s latest operating system. To check the operating system, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
How to Set up Screen Time for Your Kids on Android?
- Install the “Family Link for parents” app on your device, select the Google Account you wish to associate as the “Parent” account.
- Tap Add to add a new account to be managed.
- You’ll be asked if your child has a Google Account. Tap “Yes” or “No” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After adding your child’s account, you’ll be prompted to find your child’s device.
- On your child’s device, install and open the “Family Link for children & teens” app, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- With your child’s Google account set up and their device(s) linked, you can create screen limits, app restrictions, and activity monitors. Learn more about How to Set up Google Family Link Parental Controls on Android.
To set up Google Family Link, parents can use an Android phone/tablet running Android 4.4 KitKat and higher. And the children will need an Android device running Android 7.0 Nougat or above.
Manage Screen Time With iKeyMonitor Parental Control App
Nowadays, there are many parental control apps on the market that helps with screen time parental control. It turns out that iKeyMonitor is a good choice for parents, and it is compatible with both Android and Apple devices. It can help you set the daily time limit for your children’s devices. Here are the features that make iKeyMonitor the best option you can choose:
Block Inappropriate Apps to Protect Your Kids
iKeyMonitor enables you to use time limit rules to block certain apps and games on your children’s devices. You can set daily maximum usage time and block for some minutes after using for some minutes.
Screen Time Limit to Prevent Smartphone Addiction
iKeyMonitor supports limiting screen time on your children’s smartphones. You can block all apps during bedtime and homework time.
Set Schedules to Limit Screen Time or Record Surroundings
iKeyMonitor allows you to set schedules to limit screen time and record phone surroundings on your children’s devices. You can check the detailed schedule information on the Cloud Panel.
The above are solutions on how to set up the screen time parental control on your children’s devices. If you only need to limit the screen time, then you can use Google Family Link. If you also need to monitor other online activities, then iKeyMonitor is your best choice. With the help of iKeyMonitor, you can monitor call history, text messages, screenshots, keystrokes, chat messages on social chat apps on your children’s devices. Sign up and start monitoring now!