Teen Slang Words Dictionary for Parents 2023
Want to know the meaning of teen slang words? Each generation of teens develops its own language. The introduction of social media and digital communication means that teenage slang is developing faster than ever. Trying to keep up with ever-changing and difficult-to-decipher teenage slang can be a challenge for all parents. Below is a complete list of teen slang words and helpful parenting tips.
List of Teenage Slang Words
Table of Contents
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
Dangerous Slang Words Used By Teens
Red flag slang always denotes potentially dangerous or risky behavior. If you see these teenage slang terms in your teen’s online communications, you need immediate parental intervention.
- 53x: 53x means sex
- ASL: Age/Sex/Location
- CD9: Code 9
- CU46: CU46 means see you for sex
- Dayger: Dayger means daytime + rager
- Function or Func: A function or func is a party
- FWB: Friends With Benefits
- GNOC: Get Naked On Camera
- Kickback: A kickback is a small, casual party
- KMS: Kill Myself
- KPC: Keep Parents Clueless
- KYS: Kill Yourself
- LMIRL: Let’s Meet In Real Life
- Molly: Molly is an illegal street drug
- Netflix and Chill: Netflix and chill refers to sexual activity
- NIFOC: Naked In Front Of Computer
- NSFW: Not Safe For Work
- TDTM: Talk Dirty To Me
- Turnt Up: Excited or Intoxicated
- 9: Code 9, 9 mm handgun
- 420: 420 refers to marijuana
Teen Slang Words To Watch Out For
One of the complexities of teenage slang is the term with multiple meanings. Some teenage slang expressions convey risk only when used in specific situations.
- AFK: Away From Keyboard
- ANIME: Anime refers to a style of Japanese animation.
- BAE: BAE is short for baby or babe.
- BEE: BEE refers to a sweet, friendly, loyal girl everyone likes.
- DANK: Dank refers to high quality or weird memes.
- Dope: Dope means excellent or refers to drugs.
- FML: F**k My Life
- IRL: In Real Life
- SUS: SUS means suspicious.
- YOLO: You Only Live Once
- 143: 143 refers to the sentence I love you.
Common/Harmless Teen Slang Words
This section lists a harmless part of the normal teenage language. When teenagers use common slang words, you don’t need to worry. Many slang terms are basically shortcuts for typing.
- CAP: CAP refers to lying.
- FAM: FAM is short for family.
- FIRE: FIRE
- GOAT: Greatest of All Time
- IKR: I know, right?
- OG: Original Gangster
- OTP: On the Phone
- RT: Retweet
- SWAG: SWAG describes a person who is cool.
- WBU: What about you?
How To Keeping Up With Teen Slang Trends
Honest, unbiased communication is essential to building trust between you and your teens. Showing empathy and compassion, you can discuss with your teens the slang terms they use. Even if your teens’ views differ from your own, you can listen patiently. Teens are more likely to accept your views if you are open to considering multiple viewpoints.
Search the internet for teen slang phrases or other challenging parenting issues, and you’ll find tons of relevant articles and videos. Also, you can check local resources that may sponsor parenting workshops, such as schools, libraries, and churches.
To monitor your teens’ cell phone activities, install iKeyMonitor parental control app. With iKeyMonitor, you can monitor your teens’ chat messages, capture screenshots of teen slang words, and set alerts for various topics such as suicide, drugs, cyberbullying, and more. Give iKeyMonitor a try!
Tags: common slang words, complete list of teen slang words, teen slang phrases, teen slang words, teenage slang, teenage slang terms
Category: Parental Control Tips