How to Set Facebook Time Limit for Your Teens
Do you want to set Facebook time limits for your teens? Nowadays, Facebook is one of the most popular social platforms for children. Children like to spend time on Facebook. But Facebook is not completely beneficial to children. You need to limit Facebook time on your children’s devices to protect them from potential online dangers.
Table of Contents
Why Do You Need to Set Facebook Time Limits?
Today, mobile devices have become a necessity for kids. If your kids are always engaged in social media like Facebook, they tend to waste a lot of time. Here are some reasons for managing the screen time on Facebook:
Facebook addiction usually causes sleep interruptions. Addicted children may not get enough sleep due to staying up late. These can lead to a series of health problems. Children’s relationships may also be affected, because Facebook addiction may reduce the time they spend with family and friends.
Personal Information Leakage
Sharing too much personal information on Facebook may expose your children to scams and extortion. In addition, child predators and bullies are also looking for their targets online.
How to Set Facebook Time Limits on Children’s Devices?
You can easily control your kids’ Facebook time by limiting screen time. The following are some ways to help you control Facebook screen time:
Using Facebook Settings to Set Daily Time Reminders
- Open Facebook on your child’s device, tap Settings.
- Tap Settings & Privacy, then select Your Time on Facebook.
- Tap Set Daily Time Reminder.
- Choose the appropriate amount of time for your child.
- Tap Set Reminder.
Use Apple’s Screen Time to Limit Screen Time on Facebook
- Get your child’s iPhone or iPad in your hand.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time > App Limits.
- Find the Facebook app in the list of “Most Used” and tap it.
- Then tap on the Add Limit button and select the time.
- Choose the proper amount of time for Facebook.
Using iKeyMonitor to Limit Facebook Time on Children’s Devices
- Sign up for a free trial and install iKeyMonitor.
- Log in to the Online Cloud Panel.
- You can go to Logs > Settings > Schedules to set screen time limits for your kids.
In order to protect children from the negative influence of Facebook, you can use iKeyMonitor to set Facebook time limits. iKeyMmonitor enables you to monitor call recording, listen to phone surroundings, block unwanted apps, track GPS locations and more. Sign up and start protecting your kids from now!