Yolo App for Snapchat: A Guide for Parents
Yolo app allows teens to ask for feedback in the form of anonymous replies to a question. A week after the App Store launched, its downloads rose rapidly. It can be seen that young people are very interested in these types of applications. That’s the reason why you should remain aware of this app so that you can take corrective action for protecting your children against all the hazards that may arise while its usage.
Table of Contents
What Is Yolo App?
Yolo implies ‘you only live once’ and that is an anonymous question and answer app that is used within Snapchat. By using the app, you can post anonymous questions and comments on a Snapchat story and also attached an image. After you link the app to a Snapchat account, it prompts you to ‘get anonymous messages’ and create a question to prompt others to ‘Send me honest messages’ from the app. Here are some of the essential facts regarding the Yolo app:
- Snapchat is not loved by parents, due to its features like Snapstreaks that encourage using the app mindlessly. It is thought that Yolo, is only going to make that dislike more intense.
- You can sign into using your Snapchat credentials. Once you’re logged in, you can use the app to ask various anonymous feedback. You will not know who is weighing in, and there’s not a way to find out at the moment.
- This app is available on iOS and Android devices but the minimum age is 12+ later changed to 18. Basically, there isn’t any content the only function of the app is to encourage others to send them anonymous messages in a Q&A format.
What Are Possible Concerns With Yolo?
As parents, you should remain concerned about the usage of the Yolo app. That’s because when your child posts a question it can be seen by their friends or shared publicly. After that those friends can review the question and send an anonymous message even if they don’t have Yolo installed. Now the responses to questions are only seen by the person who asked the question but other users on the platform can’t see it. The questions you should ask your children should be very simple like you must ask what are the benefits of using the app for them, whether they are getting treated well on the app or if they can handle it if somebody takes the opportunity to be cruel or thoughtless. Here are some of the possible concerns with Yolo app:
- The biggest concern of parents is that the app has changed its age rating to 18 and over, so you have to prevent the usage of the Yolo app itself if your child does not meet the age criteria.
- The features of the Yolo app could encourage teen users to send malicious messages or sometimes give rise to incidents of cyberbullying which you should be aware of.
- As teens may feel more able to send these messages as there is less fear of being caught so you have to remain concerned about its usage by your child.
How to Tell If Yolo Is Installed?
When you are concerned about the fact that Yolo is installed on your teen’s phone or not. Don’t consider this app as a part of Snapchat, but a separate app with a separate icon. In case you think that the app has been hidden, open up the app store and search for Yolo; that will help you to know if the app is installed. If you do decide to allow your child to use the Yolo app, you should set basic rules. Your kids, irrespective of their age, shouldn’t be answering personal questions from complete strangers on the app. Besides that, you must ensure to have a check on what they’re being asked. Here are some of the ways to find out whether Yolo is installed:
- Parental control apps like iKeyMonitor will tell you what apps are downloaded and used.
- Its monitoring feature allows you to see a complete list of all the installed apps on the target phone.
- Apart from that, it enables you to view the installation time, detect newly installed apps, and check detailed app reports.
Use iKeyMonitor to Keep Yolo Off Phones
In order to prevent your kids from using Yolo, you should use several strategies altogether. Because a single strategy may not work in that case. In the first place, you should make it clear to your kids that you don’t want them using Yolo, and what is the reason behind that. After that make it clear that you’re worried about their mental health, so your child can discuss anything with you. The next most important step that you need to take is parental controls like iKeyMonitor to control Yolo. This app ensures that you can have access to all the questions and replies that take place through the app. Here are some of the extensive features of iKeeyMonitor which enables you to keep Yolo Off phones of your child:
- You can use the app to block certain apps like Yolo entirely, and as Yolo is separate from Snapchat, you can also block one app without disabling the other.
- You can check all the installed apps on your teen’s devices. In this way, you will know if they have used Yolo and you can block it timely.
- You can see all the monitoring logs remotely after logging in to the Cloud Panel. Stay informed of your children’s online activies to prevent them from potential dangers.
Therefore, parental control apps like iKeyMonitor can be used to constrain how often kids use Yolo app. This is essential if you don’t want your children to get distracted from other tasks and get engaged in this app. Later, you will find that iKeyMonitor is helping you to settle disputes and keep your children safe in this digital world.