When Sharing Becomes Shaming? The Pitfalls Of Selfies And Sexting 2022
Usually, sharing becomes shaming when teens mostly share something unusual just for the sake of fun and to have faced paced online experience. In case the viral stuff is nude or inappropriate in terms of selfies that have been spread to everyone then it is a shaming situation. Most importantly, the child would feel humiliation through the school community via social media and instant messaging apps. The consequences of this kind of sexual harassment may have serious effects and impacts on young a mind that is been used to of using cell phone connected to the cyberspace.
What Does “Sharing Becomes Shaming” Mean?
Table of Contents
Young children and especially teens are used to sharing nudes’ selfies that is an act of sexting. This may go wrong when teens or kids share photos in an inappropriate way of to someone, they trusted but shockingly it gets viral sometimes it is done accidentally or sometimes willingly by the receiver. Therefore, the activities like capturing selfies and then sharing to someone and receiver can use it as revenge porn. Though it is serious crime because it is against the law, and spreading of such images, selfies, is not legal. Here are a few more details which explain sharing becomes shaming is the proper way:
- There are many laws to protect kids and teens from sexual harassment, online abuse, and new legislation has been passed. When teens know someone whom they trust the most they tend to share their nudes to someone else.
- Embarrassment is the ultimate results for the person who captures a selfie and share it in terms of sexting to others.
- Sexting is processed in which electronic sharing of sexually explicit images or selfies, videos, messages. There are several teenagers with personal cell phones are involved in such activities.
What Is The Impact When “Sharing Becomes Shaming?”
Teens that are more likely in their late teenage usually are involved in sending and receiving sexting in the form of selfies that at the end of the day become shaming. Today, selfie and sexting are on the rise and we can say it is everywhere nowadays. Screen agers are the most regular cell phone user that capture selfies and share nude that impact children’s life growing up in the digital age. There are youngsters who are seemingly happy to send photos and inappropriate content to each other. These are some of the impacts of such an activity:
- There are plenty of cases where teens whose inappropriate selfies or sext has gone viral have to face embarrassment among peers in the form of bullies online and from others.
- When there is a situation when teens start trusting people online to the fullest sharing becomes shaming for the teens and tween. Often, they may receive sexting in the form of videos, images, selfies don’t realize that their activity is a serious criminal offense
- Young teens being in a romantic relationship that’s the reason that they share each nude selfie or sexting by considering it as a part of sexual activity.
What Parents Can Do When “Sharing Becomes Shaming”?
Most of the teens who are ready to have sex with her partner mostly use the sexting element as an experimental phase not being active for sex yet. The most dangerous outcome of sexting is when sharing it becomes shaming. Being parents of young teens when you get to know that teen’s attitude towards sexting via photos inappropriate is very dangerous. Here are some of the roles of the parents:
- Parents can make their teens realize that it could be dangerous for their reputation. You should encourage teens to report especially unwanted sexual images if someone is trying to groom the child sexually.
- Besides that, you can share an example of shaming online of someone who had been a victim. This will enable them to understand the situation and prevent themselves from form engaging in any such situation.
- If all the tactics and efforts go worthless, then you ca need to use cell phone parental monitoring software in order to track teen’s online activities social media in particular.
How iKeyMonitor Effectively Prevents From “Sharing Becoming Shaming”?
With effective monitoring tools, parents can protect teens from unwanted activities in terms of sharing nudes to someone. It can cause serious issues for the teens that could last for the whole life. There are times when parents can monitor instant messaging apps logs without rooting the target cell phone device of the teens. Here are some of the benefits of using this tool:
- You get to know about messages, conversations and shared media files over social media platforms. In such a way you can check the account find out whether your child is having a conversation with any strangers and whether they are getting involved in sexting.
- You can perform live screen recording and get to know what teens are doing and find out about their activities in detail.
- Though, you can use mobile phone parental app to block internet access instantly if teens are sharing something that becomes shaming in the long run.
- Apart from these features, the best thing that the monitoring tool helps you to do is check out whereabouts of your child by tracking their location. If you find anything inappropriate then you can always track them and reach to the location that you get on your device.
Therefore, parental control software like iKeyMonitor is the all in one solution that empowers parents to stop teens sharing nudes via selfies and prevents the situation where sharing becomes shaming. It is a medium through parents the risky activities of teens in real-time to keep them safe online. Apart from all that the best thing that parents can do is talk to the child individually and make them understand the risks involved in sharing certain contents. If they understand the situation, you need to always track their activities will go away and you can keep your child safe from the harmful effects of the internet.