Top Warning Signs of Cyberbullying
Due to the rapid advancement of mobile technology has forced the parents to know the signs of cyberbullying. Increased demand for smartphones in recent has given access to children to mobile devices at a very young age. Parents are unaware of the access to these devices and that can create a dangerous scenario for children and teens that is the situation of cyberbullying. Teens are more likely to be victims of cyberbullying. It has been found through various research that up to 43% of children have been victims of cyberbullying at some point in their lives.
What Are Signs of Cyberbullying?
Nowadays, the incidents of cyberbullying have become very common. It is a situation where a child is being molested or bullied and as a result, they have to face trauma. If suddenly you find that child is feeling uneasy, nervous or scared about going to school or outside then that is a warning sign of cyberbullying. This indicates that your child is uncomfortable in their school environment or being around their classmates. Some other signs are as follows:
- The child becomes extremely anxious about their phone, tablet or laptop, while parents try to check the device. Keeping devices in commonly used areas is an easy way to have a watchful eye.
- Your child might get so angry at what’s happening on screen that they slam their device shut. This outburst of anger is a warning sign of cyberbullies as kids may do this as a way to distance themselves from bullies.
- Increased secretiveness is a warning sign when it comes to online bullying. At times children will try to hide what is going on to keep it quiet especially to parents.
- Certain health-related symptoms like these are just some of the many ways bullying can affect children. Parents need to be aware of these signs because if they continue for a long period and hence take relevant action against it.
Why Do You Need to Know the Signs of Cyberbullying?
There are many consequences that children have to face due to cyberbullying. Restlessness is a huge factor when it comes to cyberbullying as they are unable to sleep because they are tormented. If your child has suddenly lost interest in their favorite sport or hobby, it may be an indication of cyberbullying. Only when parents are aware that children are suffering from such a situation then they can take appropriate steps for tackling it. Here are the reasons due to which it is necessary to know about the signs of cyberbullying:
- If you find that children try to distance themselves from others making fun of them or attempting to fit in then parents should talk to your child and continue to encourage them to do what makes them happy.
- In case the child only wants to be in their room by themselves, it could be a warning sign. After knowing this situation parents should take a step to boost their mood.
- There are times when parents may observe that children withdraw themselves, it could be an attempt to push people away and distance everyone in their life, especially from those doing the bullying. In such a situation parents must take the situation seriously and talk to the child.
What Can You Do When Detecting the Signs of Cyberbullying?
It can be difficult to spot the signs of cyberbullying but if you can notice one or more warning signs then that can help you pinpoint distress in your child’s life. If that’s the case, you should create a safe space with open communication for your child to communicate what’s going on in their life and take the required steps to stop cyberbullying. Here are proven steps to prevent cyberbullying:
Check kid’s online activities
A child may be involved in cyberbullying in several ways like they can be bullied, bully others, or witness bullying. The more digital platforms that a child uses, the chances that they are being exposed to potential cyberbullying increases. So, you must always keep a check on their digital activities.
Consider the warning signs
Many of the warning signs that cyberbullying is occurring so you must keep track of the signs and take action accordingly.
As soon as you notice warning signs of cyberbullying in kids then you must investigate the child’s digital behavior. Cyberbullying is a form of bullying, parents should take the same approach to address it as well as support the child being bullied so that they can address the bullying behavior of a participant.
How iKeyMonitor Helps in Tackling the Signs of Cyberbullying?
If there has been a change in the mood of the child the parents have to explore what the cause might be. This could be done very easily by tracking down their online activities. To track the activities, you need to install a reliable spy app on the device of the child which will enable you to access the device remotely and keep an eye on their activities. Here are some of how it helps you to tackle the situation of cyberbullying:
- You can keep a record of what is happening and where. This app will take screenshots of harmful posts or contents and inform you about it. So, you can take appropriate action against it appropriately.
- It enables you to check the social media platforms to report offensive content and have it removed. If a child has received physical threats, or if a potential crime is occurring, report it to the police.
- Through the use of iKeyMonitor it becomes easy to know about the whereabouts of the child. You can block various harmful apps and games.
Therefore, to protect the child from the situations of cyberbullying it is essential that you are aware of the signs of cyberbullying. When you know the signs, it becomes easier for you to analyze the situation and take appropriate action.