Instagram Safety Tips for Teens
For parents, Instagram safety tips are quite useful for protecting the child from the hazards of social media. A lot of people have moved from Facebook towards Instagram to ensure safety. But no matter what platform you are in you are always prone to various hazards. Even on Instagram, teenagers may experience cyberbullying, receive hate email, and browse to inappropriate pictures and profanity. Therefore, it becomes essential to follow various tips to keep your children safe on Instagram.
Instagram Safety Tips for Parents
- Privacy settings: You need to set up privacy settings on Instagram on your children’s smartphone. It will help you find out the person who follows your kids. If someone wants to follow them, then they have to send a request for approval. Only when your kids approve, they can follow and see all the pictures. It is useful to keep away all unwanted followers. If privacy settings are not enabled, then anyone can search your children’s profile and find their pictures.
- The appearance of profile: One of the safety tips for parents of Instagram users is to tell their children: Never set up your own photos on your profile. If someone wants to track your children, they can easily search for their name, age, address, school, parent and real-time location.
- Share location: As a prevalent feature of Instagram, kids can share the location of their photos. They can choose a setting to tag any picture in it. However, if they mark the place, the app takes people to the map, specifically where they took the photo. Instagram safety tips for parents are very important. It can remind parents to turn off this feature.
- Parents should help: The parents’ guide to Instagram must be obtained by the parents who want to keep their children safe while accessing Instagram. You should check your children’s account and find out if there is anything suspicious. If you find anything wrong in any post of your children. You can ask them to delete the post.
iKeyMonitor Instagram Safety Tips for Teens
Often, your child won’t let you know that they are experiencing cyberbullying. You have to find it yourself. You should know all their online activities for your children’s safety. But how to stay safe on Instagram? Simply install a spy app on your children’s device and check all the actions on it. If you keep track of their devices, you’ll know who they’re following and who is asking for approval. With spy apps like iKeyMonitor, you can even block some unwelcome people. Some important features of the spy app are:
- Instagram is a social media where you want to keep your children safe. Over the years, you have been wondering how to stay safe and secure on Instagram. Now, using a spy app on your children’s device is quite easy.
- Along with all the contacts, posts, comments on posts, you can also track the time your child spends on it. You can even access their chat messages and find out whether someone is bullying them.
- This app allows you to keep your teen child safe from predators. You can also prevent them from sharing any inappropriate content on the app.
- You get alerts from the app about any harmful content on the account. Whether it is any hate message or some inappropriate image, you can find it in time and block it.
In order to use Instagram, one can download and install a monitoring application on the target mobile phone. So, if you want to track the activities on Instagram, you have to ensure that you choose a proper spy app. Above all the Instagram safety tips, installing a spy app is the most useful tip for a parent. iKeyMonitor saves all the chat conversations and posts, and you can log them anytime and access it remotely on your device for keeping teen safe on Instagram.
Tags: Instagram safety tips, safety tips for parents of Instagram users, Instagram safety tips for parents, the parents’ guide to Instagram, how to stay safe on Instagram, how to stay safe and secure on Instagram