How to Disable iMessage on iPhone? 2022
Disabling iMessage on iPhone has been asked by many users who want to separate work from personal life. Powered by iOS, Apple’s wide array of impeccable gadgets are designed to do numerous activities like making calls, browsing the Internet, checking and sending mails, listening to music and much more. However, the introduction of iMessage by Apple means that users who use all its products including iPad and iPod touch can send and receive messages. This is only available to users who use gadgets running iOS 5 and above. Nowadays many persons are seeking for effective ways to block iMessage on iPhone or iPad.
Why Disable iMessage on iPhone?
Table of Contents
The feeling of composing a text message to our family and seeing it delivered is unwavering when the small indicator turns blue. Unlike the traditional iPhone message delivery, iMessage indicators light blue when a message is delivered. This is not the same however with iPad and iPod touch which use the old messaging app due to network limitations. But what happens if you use the same device for both personal and business use? Well, you will mix up the messages. This is a perfect example of a situation where you will need to block iMessage on iPhone.
Disable iMessage with Built-in Feature of iPhone
Thankfully enough, the developers of this portal had this in mind. There is a setting ticked on iOS that enables you to deactivate iMessage on iPhone device. By disabling the messages you will be able to shut off the possibility of invoking any notification or alerts in the form of messages on your iPhone. Furthermore, you will be able to block any messages or calls from unknown numbers. You even won’t receive emails from people you do not know. In order to accomplish these, follow these simple steps to prevent your latest installments in the form of games and other apps are not rudely interrupted by incoming iMessage.
- Step 1: Open up the settings app in your iPhone. Since iMessages only work through cellular data or Wi-Fi connectivity, you should make sure that your device can connect to the Internet.
- Step 2: In the two lists of settings available, select Notifications, which is available in the second group.
- Step 3: From list of applications installed on your iPhone, select messages app. Alternatively, in case the current setup allows notifications to be posted on the notification center from the messages app, then this step can be carried out in the In “Notification Centre List”. This can be found towards the end of the list of apps installed. For this step to be effective the messages app should have one or two notification alerts activated.
- Step 4: From the messages preference available, scroll down the list till you arrive at the “show iMessage alerts from:” section. While at that, make sure that only the “My Contacts Only” option has been ticked. All the rest should be left unticked.
You are done! The simple yet effective method of blocking iMessages on your iPhone is over. With this process completed, only incoming messages with contacts saved on your iPhone will show through notification.
Block iMessages on iPhone with Third-party iKeyMonitor
This method of disabling iMessage on iPhone mentioned above may seem like a very long process for many, and sincerely, it appears to be. There are also various short ways to accomplish this and one of them is by using iKeyMonitor iPhone app blocker. This app was ingeniously developed with many incredible features like logging SMS sent and received on your iPhone, logging typed chat conversation from social media apps, recording notifications and voice memos, and blocking apps and games such as iMessage. This is an easy and simple way to block iMessages on iPhone.
How powerful is iKeyMonitor app blocker? With iKeyMonitor, you not only block iMessage, Camera and other built-in apps on iPhone but also block third-party apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WeChat.
Key Features of iKeyMonitor
iKeyMonitor can not only block someone on iMessage on iPhone, but also provides many other features, such as monitoring app usage, logging keystrokes, recording voice messages, and more.
- Record Keystrokes and Passwords Entered
- Log SMS Sent and Received on iPhone
- Keep Track of Web Activities
- Record WhatsApp/Skype/Viber/Line/Kik/Hangouts/Facebook Messages
- Log Typed Chat Conversations
- Monitor Social Networking Activity
- Record Entered Email Content
- Capture Screenshots Periodically
- Track Cell Phone GPS Locations
- Log Notes/Reminders/Voice Memos
- Log Events in Calendar
- Log All Contacts on iPhone
- Block Apps/Games like Messages/Siri/Camera/App Store
- Filter Inappropriate Websites like Porn/Phishing
- Limit Screen Time on iPhone
You can try different ways to disable iMessages on iPhone. It’s worth mentioning that iKeyMonitor provides you with more features if what you need is more than disabling iMessages from iPhone. iKeyMonitor gives you more control over the apps and games on iPhone.
Category: Learning & How to