Should Parents Worry About Radiation from Smartphones? 2022
In most of cases, the minds of children are not only growing but it is getting affected by the environment around especially the radiation from smartphones. Nowadays phone is being adopted by children at younger ages so it becomes more important to investigate if cell phone usage is a health hazard.
What Is Cell Phone Radiation?
Table of Contents
Basically, there are two types of radiation like ionizing and non-ionizing. Ionizing radiation is the high frequency with high energy whereas non-ionizing is the low frequency with low energy radiation. Smartphones have non-ionizing radiation and when our phone sends radio frequency waves from its antenna to nearby cell towers. When you make a call, text, or make use of data, then your smartphone gets radio frequency waves to its antenna from cell towers. Here are a few details related to cell phone radiation:
- You should ask your children to use text messaging when possible, and use cell phones in speaker mode or by using the hands-free kits. Whereas while talking on the cell phone, you as well as children should try to hold it an inch or more away from your head.
- As radiation in the duration of calls can be harmful so you should always try to make short or essential calls on smartphones. Apart from that, you should avoid carrying your phone against the body like in a pocket, sock, or bra.
- Nowadays, smartphone manufacturers can’t guarantee that the amount of radiation you’re absorbing will be at a safe level. You should do not talk on the phone or text while driving.
Research About Cell Phone Radiation
Radiation is a term that means emitting electromagnetic energy. The “radiation” that may cause cancer is known as ionizing radiation. These are extremely high energy radiation like x-rays, which can damage DNA. Though the smartphone battery powerful enough to emit ionizing radiation so it can also be equally dangerous for you and your child. Here are some facts found from the research about smartphone radiation:
- In a study when rats were exposed to the types of radio frequency radiation that cell phones give off and compared them with a non-exposed group then it was found that some rats developed cancerous tumors after being exposed to the radiation and hence you should understand that there is a potential connection between exposure to radiation and an increased risk of cancer.
- Over time several studies have been done to find out if cell phone use can lead to cancer. All the studies have not shown clear evidence of increased cancer risk with the use of cell phones.
- However, you should not panic over the latest research, but it can be used as a good reminder and hence you need to take steps to limit the exposure from smartphones and other devices emitting radiation.
How to Limit Cell Phone Radiation for Your Children?
Today, the number of children using cell phones has increased tremendously. Due to this, there is a need to limit the usage for limiting the radiation. The review of radiation standards for cell phones in an effort towards protecting children’s health, reflect current cell phone use patterns and provide meaningful consumer disclosure. You must have information about any potential risks arms them with the information you need to make a proper decision regarding your children. These are some of the ways by which you can easily limit cell phone radiation for children:
- Make sure that children have their phones out of pockets and in bags. The logic behind it is that the more steps and the harder it is to do something there is less possibility that children can do it easily. When you have to reach into their bag and pull out their phone, it’s a little more effort than reaching into the pocket.
- You need to limit the screen time of your child. There must be a decided time when the child uses the cell phone. If that is fixed then the amount of time, they spend on their phone can be controlled easily.
- Parental control software like iKeyMonitor is another tool that you can make use to place limits on kids’ smartphone use.
iKeyMonitor Helps In Protecting Your Children from Cell Phone Radiation
Once you have installed the iKeyMonitor app on your child’s device then you are able to read all the chats messages that they send as well as receive as well as have access to all their activities. In this way, you will come to know about the content of the chats and names of persons with whom they are chatting along with that the most important thing that you will come to know is the amount of time they are spending on sending messages. So, if you find that your child is exceeding the limit then immediately take relevant steps to save them from harmful cell phone radiation. Here are a few ways by which the app can be useful:
- With iKeyMontior, you can restrict the screen time of your children with specific rules. Screen time must be balanced between the real world and the online world.
- Using schedule feature, you can set schedules for screen limit time and surroundings recording for effective monitoring.
- It enables you to track all the online activities of your children so that you will know how much time they spent on screen. Furthermore, you can take measures timely to prevent them from smartphone radiation.
You need to set up rules and regulations for cell phone use. In order to avoid the radiation, it is necessary for children to follow the rules and restrictions. It is the responsibility of you to protect them with iKeyMonitor and ensure that they are safe from all sorts of cell phone radiation.